Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? I’m not really a big resolution sort of person – the one’s like ‘I’m going to get fit’ or ‘I’ll stop eating sugar’ – I tend to believe they don’t last much longer than a week into January, despite my good intentions. But I do have a few life goals I want to challenge myself to achieve this year.
- Draw more. I was getting really good at drawing something every day about a year ago, and then…I stopped. How come good habits are so easy to break and bad ones a basically impossible to get rid of?!
- Get out more. This one covers two things. First, the more people I talk to the more I realise how little I’ve seen of the area in which I live now: I really need to explore all that Brighton and Sussex has to offer! Secondly, meet new people. Although my list of acquaintances has definitely grown in the last few months, I still feel so new in Brighton, so it would be great to get to know more people.
- Do more fairs. Late last year I had a stall at the Etsy Christmas market and it was a fantastic experience. I had been put off fairs a bit previously because the ones I chose were so quiet and poorly advertised, but now my mind has definitely been changed! It also will motivate me to keep the momentum up with pushing my buiness and creating new things, which can only be good!
- Be good to myself. May sound obvious but it’s something I have never been very good at – I’m the type of person who historically has just kept my head down and put my needs last. It’s been a slow build but I am definitely much more positive and happier within myself than I was a few years ago, but I still have space to improve.
- Eat less sugar – whom am I kidding, I’ve already failed this one!